Montreal, Quebec
100% full Resolved

1.they sold one same parking spot twice, to lure me in and paid more! but was occupied by another earlier moved in co-owner. I was told by the same sales on the first day I moved in: "oh, the parking# is counted from left, not from right?" later, "oh, the parking# is now called# A,B!!??" forgot their floor plans are everywhere on the internet!

come on!!!

The parking dimension is 7.5' width, 15' length, 14' aisle, 90 angle entering, that is 1 foot less wide and 3 feet shorter than city minimum parking dimension! (2.5mx5.5m in Montreal, which already very tight compare to other cities)

My jeep, which was bought after knowing my parking was the best#1, is too wide for that tiny hole, I have to bounce 3 walls to squeeze it in. and now I just have to park on the street! and they kept the money, and looked in my eyes: SO?!

2. bathtub delivered with a wrong direction, one side is drainage switch and the other side with arm rest has a long faucet stick out of the wall, so one can not sit either side without drain up water or hit by the neck. and they refused to correct it.

3. 3' width and 8' depth walk-in closet due to their mistake.

4. cheap wood floor, bent as I moved in during summer, but was told wait until it's colder, called them in Jan. was told it's too cold to tell?!

5. they switch materials without notifying you.

6. some owners claim sewage smell in their living room.

7. roof has been leaking for months, they have never taken any action.

8. main stairs is so steep and narrow, one of owners fell to the street, and we all have to be extra careful to climb on. no answers for any solution.

9. more: 780 sqft on their sale's sheet, got maybe 680 sqft on their final product, my condo. so ask them to sign the living area square footage, so you will get the truth out of them, just maybe!

don't be a victim, you can sue them on the small claim court!

not mention you can not reach them by phone, email, text, even by certified letters after they got money.

suggestion in conclusion:

1. don't even think about dealing with them. the promise written even on the paper won't matter to them, so what left to you is endless headache.

2. if you have to take risk, please don't buy any pre-sale, because they have no concept of keeping promises.

3. if you have to reserve one, please pay no more than 0.1% deposit, you will never got it back even if your condo is built upside down kind of wrong, pay as less as you can.

Good luck.

Guess those 5 stars are from their own hands, because they are all posted at the same time! they are absolutely capable of doing so.

3/4/2015: Got email from Abritat and asked if it is true: Mondev fax saying they have come and fixed the problem! IT IS NOT HAPPENING! no one saw them coming, Mondev has not contacted anyone ever! forced habit to lie?

Please be noted, Abritat is for decent constructors, they will maintain their reputation by doing the right thing. But Mondev as you can tell, is not one of them!

Reason of review: everything is wrong with mondev construction.

Had an Experience with Mondev Construction?

Comments